Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Copenhagen Elephant Parade

Some of my favorite things when I first began exploring the city were the whimsical elephant statues that seemed to pop up all over. I was sad to notice yesterday that these elephants were gone, so I did a little research on the subject. It turns out that they are traveling art instillation intended to raise money for the Asian Elephant. Different artists are commissioned to create a unique elephant to be displayed around the city, at the end of the instillation the statues are auctioned off and all procedes go to support the Asian Elephants. Check out this link for more info: http://elephantparade.com/copenhagen-2011. I unfortunately only got a few pictures, but here are some of the elephants from around DIS. 







No comments:

Post a Comment