Wednesday, August 24, 2011

1st Week

I have been in Copenhagen for 4 days now, but it feels like much longer. I am finally beginning to settle into this new life and am beginning to learn my way around the city (at least from the train station to class and back).  I officially begin classes tomorrow morning which I am actually really excited about! Not a whole lot has happened yet so there isn't a lot to share at this point, but I do have some pictures of the city. I hope to get many more and post them here as the semester goes on!




 This is the Rosenborg Castle which Christian the 4th built as a summer home for himself in 1606. I have not had a chance to go inside, but I am told that this is the only place in the world where the actual jewelry worn by the royal family today is on display for the public. Another fun fact about the Rosenborg Castle is that it has "surround sound." When it was built, Christian IV had special pipes put in so that an orchestra playing in the basement could be heard from any room in the castle!














      A lion standing guard outside of the castle!



















This is my first attempt at the famous canal shot. I hope to have it perfected by the end of my time here.












This square is marks the turn for the street where the main DIS building is located. Aside from being quite picturesque, it has served as a vital landmark during these first few days of trying to navigate old winding streets!

*** this photo serves as proof that I am new to the city. Walking around the city today I realized that this fountain actually is located on the longest walking street in Europe which is quite close to DIS, but it is a different ornate fountain that marks the turn to classes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment